Friday 4 May 2012

Raving about...

Korres 'Quercetin and Oak Antiwrinkle Night Cream' for All Skin Types


This product has revolutionised my skincare routine. Fact. 

I had been on the hunt for a good night cream for a while after I noticed my skin starting to look a bit dull and tired. I'm not sure if it was due to reaching the grand old age of 26 or never seeming to get a full 8 hours sleep but I knew I wanted a cream that would give my skin the pick-me-up it needed whilst also targeting those first signs of ageing. Gravitating as of late towards skincare products with minimal parabens and chemicals in their ingredients list when I stumbled across the Korres night cream on offer in TK Maxx for a fraction of the retail price (£15 instead of £39) I couldn't resist. I had also used a few products from the Korres body range when living in Athens and loved them, so I was keen to try more from this organically-minded Greek brand. 

This product is described as an anti-ageing night cream suitable for all skin types that works to 'reduce the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines while improving firmness, elasticity, and radiance' - exactly what I was looking for. I have combination skin that on a good day can be described as 'normal' and on a bad can have a slightly oily t-zone and/or a few dry patches. I generally look for skincare products that help regulate my skin; control shine whilst lightly moisturising and wherever possible offer some form of light anti-ageing properties as well (nothing too heavy as my skin doesn't need it quite yet, but just enough to be taking preventative measures!)

This product manages to tick all the right boxes. I immediately noticed an improvement in the tone and texture of my skin (dullness - vamoose!) and after using the product regularly for a month or so I have also seen better skin elasticity and a reduction in those fine lines. My skin looks brighter, healthier and more nourished, without any excess oiliness, and I can see this cream working well for all skin types. A product that does exactly what it says on the tin, hurrah!

On the downside, and it's a small one but.. I have to admit that when I first started using the cream I found the consistency a little strange. Although it eventually absorbs into the skin and doesn't leave an oily residue like many other night creams it initially comes on very white and creamy, and can take a few minutes of rubbing in for all traces of the cream to disappear. Oh, and it smells a bit like play-doh too, but I quite like that.

It would be unrealistic to think any product can be so miraculous as to fully reverse or prevent the ageing process, or replace the benefits of a good night's sleep, but this cream certainly helps the skin restore itself and makes mine look and feel a whole lot better, (whilst maintaining an ingredients list that is impressively au natural), which in my opinion makes it worth the fairly hefty price tag.. I would definitely repurchase it at the full price (albeit guiltily) and a little goes a very long way.

*Confession time* Being the marketer's dream that I am I have also just bought the day cream version of this product (on sale on ASOS at the moment I might add, so justified! *Ahem*) I am looking forward to using the two products together to see if the effects are enhanced at all. I will keep you posted. Although if they are I may have to find a second job to fund future repurchases!

Next on my Korres hit list are some newbies from their ever-expanding natural make-up range! Cue dewy cheek butters and magic light contouring trios...
Pretty, huh?

4 comments:

  1. Hello dear,
    maybe you would like to follow each other's blogs with blogger or via bloglovin? or even both?

    wolffashion.blogspot.com

    have a nice day!
    gV

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sassi it's worth the pennies! :) Follow me if you'd like to know how I get on with the day cream version x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now need the night cream! Thanks Zoe! :) The light texture day cream has that play doh smell, and also a slightly strange consistency when you first put it on but it's lovely. Let us know how you get on with the two xxx

    ReplyDelete